We’re excited to announce that OTT Pay has received the 2019 Excellence in Operation Award from Alipay, given in recognition of the exceptional service we provide to merchants, our strength in the digital payment business and the value we bring to clients, and the spirit of win-win cooperation that exists between OTT Pay and Alipay.
“We are honoured to receive this prestigious reward from Alipay. It is a testament to our team’s effort and dedication to service OTT Pay’s clients, “ said William Lam, Chief Commercial Officer of OTT Pay Inc. “Alipay is not only a payment network, but also a consumer facing platform with over 1 billion active users. We strive for excellence and will continue to provide the best possible services and run year round promotions on the Alipay platform with our merchants. It’s one of the many benefits for acceptance Chinese mobile payments through OTT Pay. We always put our customers first.”
Chinese digital payments – the future of payments?
With nearly 1.5 billion monthly users of digital payment platforms, China is well on the way to becoming a cashless society, and digital payments are made more frequently in China than in any other country. More than two-thirds of Chinese consumers already use mobile payments, and nearly 20 percent don’t make payments any other way.
Here are some reasons why Chinese digital payments are so popular in China:
- Many Chinese consumers access the internet using their smartphones, instead of with a computer.
- QR codes are a simple, convenient and secure way to process transactions.
- It’s easy for users to link their bank accounts to digital payment platforms, and platforms such as Alipay link directly to users’ wallets inside the app.
- Customers can easily find and redeem coupons, discounts and other promotional offers.
- Fees with Chinese mobile payments are much lower than fees for credit or debit payments, for both merchants and consumers.
- Users can access a wide range of services, both offline and online, including making bill and utility payments, paying for deliveries, hailing a taxi, reserving movie tickets or hotel rooms, even purchasing investment and insurance products.
OTT Pay – a Canadian leader in Chinese digital payments
As an authorized partner of Alipay in Canada, OTT Pay has joined with major tourist organizations Tourism Toronto, Tourisme Montréal and the Niagara Parks Commission, as well as top merchants including Oxford Properties Group, CF Corporation Ltd., Canada’s Wonderland and CN Tower. OTT Pay also works with prominent national retailers such as Esso, Birks and Ethan Allen, and our strategic relationship with Chase Merchant Services will allow merchants across Canada to use a single payment terminal to accept Chinese digital payments alongside credit and debit payments.
Why choose OTT Pay?
- We provide services to thousands of merchant clients.
- We understand Chinese consumer habits, and we have a strong network connecting Canadian merchants to Chinese consumers.
- We are your reliable long-term partner, offering T+1 settlement service and a safe and flexible cash flow.
- We help merchants to promote their business on the Alipay Discovery Platform, including promotion page, city page or country page display, as well as create promotional coupons and e-wallets.
- We are growing: in 2019 we worked with twice as many merchants compared with 2016-2018, and our 2019 transaction volume is three times large over the same period.
- We have a strong plan for the future, including online ordering, online reservations, online memberships, digital loyalty cards and digital gift cards.
- We offer 24/7/365 customer service, in Chinese, English and French.
Offering Chinese digital payments will let your business connect and engage with Chinese new immigrants, international students, and affluent Chinese tourists. OTT Pay can help you attract more Chinese visitors to your business with digital payment platforms. Want to learn more? Contact us today at email@example.com, or give us a call at 1-800-688-9838.